Seasons in the sunset - A seventy (+3) year old looks ahead and back

Seasons in the sunset - A 80 year old
looks ahead and back

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Remembering Field Day, 2009

Remembering Field Day, 2009
     
   Yesterday I walked down the block, with Emma, a distance of five houses. She started to run at the halfway mark and I chased after her, laughing and shouting, “I’ll catch you.” 

I didn’t come close. 

What I did, was pull a hamstring. Emma is eight and I guess the truth is now if I were to enter a field day race at Briarwood Elementary School I could neither win, nor finish in the money. Actually, I probably couldn’t finish. 

I should mention here that I won the field day fifty yard dash in the fifth grade in Warwick, NY at the high school track, circa 1950, but lost by a step in the sixth grade to Brad Piggery.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment